June 2017 general meeting: Monday, June 26, at Eaton Public Library at 7 PM. This will be the last meeting until September 2017, as no meetings are scheduled for July and August.
Eaton Days are coming up July 8 and 9. There will be museum volunteers at the museum on Saturday, July 8. Stop by and say hello!
2nd Annual Eaton Cemetery Walk
The second annual Eaton Cemetery Walk will be Saturday, June 17 at 10 a.m. and Monday, June 19 at 7 p.m. As you walk through Eaton’s past, you will discover familiar names: Tateyama, Magnuson, Allison, Dorsey, Nix, Haythorn, Roy & Sullivan to name a few. Curators Georgia Inloes and Susan Nelson will bring to life the stories behind each tomb stone. These family names are among the strong, determined people who made Eaton what it is today. Many descendants remain an active part of our thriving community.
Parking is available on west side of the brick wall on County Road 39 (cemetery is located southeast of Eaton stoplight on Rd 39 between Rd 74 and 72) . Meet at the north entrance. No admission fee. Sponsored by the Eaton Area Historical Society.
• The Eaton House Museum will resume regular visitor hours beginning Tuesday, January 3rd. Open Tuesdays, Thurdays & Saturdays from 2-4pm. Next meeting is January 30th at 7 pm in the Eaton Library.
• Thanks to all who attended our 2016 Holiday Tour of Homes! The event was wonderfully successful—our best attendance to date. And a very special thank you to our home owners for decorating so beautifully and inviting us into their homes.
• Museum Hours for December 2016
Dear Friends of EAHS,
You are cordially invited to attend the annual meeting of the Eaton Area Historical Society to be held at the Eaton Country Club.
Annual Meeting 11:00a.m.
Entertainment 11:30 a.m.
Buffet 12:00 noon
The meal will consist of a lunch buffet including a Moot House Soup, an extensive Salad Bar, a Baked Potato Bar, fountain drinks, coffee, iced tea, or lemonade. The cost of the buffet, drinks and gratuity included will be $17.00. This will be collected before the meeting.
An RSVP by November 7th would be greatly appreciated if you plan to attend the annual meeting. You may call or leave a message at 970-454-3983 or email your reservation to Carolyn Sutter at Carofynsutter@hotmail.com.
You will also have an opportunity to pay for membership dues at this time (Click here for a membership form) or dues can be mailed before January 1, 2017 to:
Eaton Area Historical Society
207 Elm Avenue
Eaton, CO 80615
Thank you for your continued support of the Eaton Area Historical Society.
Art Meyer, President
• EAHS Announces 2016 Christmas Tour of Homes for Saturday, December 10 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Six unique homes ranging from an adorable 1,100 square foot cottage to a 6,500 square foot fabulous country home. Three of the homes were built in the early 1900s and renovated to keep the integrity of original design. Also includes a great family home in Governor’s Ranch, a welcoming patio home in Hawkstone and a large, unique Tuscany-inspired county home. A J Eaton House Museum is featuring Christmas Around the World. Click here for home-tour-house-descriptions .
Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at homes day of tour. Tickets are available at Heritage Market and French Corner in Eaton. Call Barbara LaBarbara 590-3636 for advance sale tickets or for more information.
• News and information is also posted on our Facebook page regularly